We make switching accountants easy
Like all partnerships in life and business, when you find the right accountant everything should feel effortless, with both parties working towards the same business vision and goals.
Moving to a new accountant
However, if you do not feel you have the right relationship with your accountant or the support you and your business need, you may feel the time is right to move on. Perhaps your business is growing or has changed direction and you need more specialist advice, or simply a greater level of support and a more positive working relationship.
Just like any relationship, if it is failing to work for both parties, then it’s time to part ways. But no one likes a messy breakup!
Although at times it may feel that you are intrinsically linked and making a change would be far too much hassle, the reality is that switching your business to a new accountant is easier than you think, and can have huge benefits in the long run.
Why switch to Approved Accounting?
There are many reasons why you might decide to switch to a new accountant. From disagreements over fees to responsiveness or ability to advise on new technology and a changing business landscape. Below are some of the benefits of switching to a modern and ambitious accountant such as Approved Accounting: –
• Getting to know you – a good accountant should invest time in getting to know your business beyond the numbers. They should act as an extension to your team, adding value through insights and advice. If you feel that your current accountant if failing to do this, then it’s time to change. At Approved Accounting we’ll ask all the right questions in order to get to know you, your business and your future aspirations.
• Value for money – every penny counts where business is concerned, so if you feel that you are not receiving a service that really benefits your business, then it is time to look at other options. At Approved Accounting, we offer a number of different packages, tailormade to suit your business needs and genuinely add value. See some examples of the monthly accounting packages we offer.
• Taking your business online – if you are spending your days logging receipts or wrestling with spreadsheets, or indeed handing everything to your accountant but not getting any meaningful and up to date information in return, then it’s time to ditch the ‘traditional’ accountant’s model and take your finances online.
At Approved Accounting we can save you both time and money with our secure, cloud-based, book keeping programme – Xero. Enabling you to automate your invoices, expenses, payments and cashflow it’s simple, easy to use and can even be used on the go. Click here to find out more.
• Delivering on business promises – a good accountant should always be one stride ahead when it comes to your business. But if you feel that you are always on the back foot when it comes to being asked for information or are constantly chasing or missing deadlines, then it’s time to change.
At Approved Accounting we’ll not only make sure your paperwork is up-to date and submitted on time, but well keep you informed on industry changes.
• We won’t outgrow one another – if your current accountant cannot support your company as it starts to grow, you will need to leave in order to seek a more comprehensive accountant that can cater for all your business needs.
At Approved Accounting we have helped many businesses achieve their full potential, just take a look at our case studies and client recommendations to find out more.
• You won’t be a small fish in a big pond – if your accountant has outgrown you, fails to see you as an important client or spends all their time servicing those who pay the big bucks, then it’s time to change.
At Approved Accounting we do not rest on our laurels and reputation but seek to make each client feel important, no matter how big or small their budget may be. We take time to see our clients face to face, make ourselves available outside of office hours, are always approachable, affordable, flexible and most importantly, passionate about your business needs.
Factors to consider when switching accountants
Whatever your reasons for moving accountants, it is vital that the transition from old to new is handled considerately, smoothly and with minimal disruption…but at the same time, it needs to be done quickly and efficiently to allow the new firm to pick up the reigns straight away. In order to make the process seem seamless here are our top tips: –
- Timing – pick a time of year to move services that works for all parties. Check for contract clauses that state the correct notice period for terminating as you do not want to incur any penalties.
- Tie up any loose ends – make sure any outstanding fees have been paid and always try to stay on good terms with your former accountant, as it makes for a more effortless transition.
- Commit to the new relationship, and be prepared to invest to make it the best success it can be!
Making a change for the better
“In life, change is inevitable. In business, change is vital”. If your business is looking to change to a new accountant in order to continue to succeed and grow, then get in touch with us at Approved Accounting today.